frequently asked questions
1. What is a roller fly screen? It is a fly screen that allows the mesh to retract into a cassette when not in use so it is out of sight.
2. How does the roller screen operate? The mesh is tensioned by a spring which rolls it back into the cassette. You simply pull the mesh down into position and it locks into the side guides creating a complete seal.
3. Where can the roller screens be used? Almost any door or window.
4. Do the screens need to be removed in winter? No. Because the mesh retracts the screens can be left in position out of sight.
5. What is the mesh made of? The insect mesh is 18 X 16 grey decor fibreglass coated in PVC, the industry standard for fly screening applications. It also has U.V. barrier properties.
6. Are they difficult to install? No. They can be installed in minutes with little DIY skills. Alternatively we have an installation service.
7. Can they keep cats indoors? Yes they have been used to keep cats indoors.
8. Are the screens easy to install? Yes, only basic DIY skills are needed and no special tools are required.
9. Are the screens Guaranteed? Yes, we offer a 10 year guarantee on the casings and the internal springs.
10. Are you're screens the cheapest? Unfortunately our screens may not the cheapest that can be found on the internet. We only use the highest grade aluminium and internal springs and bearings and our screens are manufactured under strict ISO Standards which enables us to offer guarantees. We are totally confident in their build quality and have been installing the same screens for 15 years. There are many screens that are imported from the East which although look good aren't of the same quality. 'Let the Buyer Beware'
That said we are still competitive and can offer discounts on multiple purchases.
HOW TO MEASURE